This comprehensive full day interactive training program provides organizations with an opportunity to:
- Engage with a set of best practices for nonprofit management and governance as outlined in the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector, and learn about how embracing and living by them can improve effectiveness and sustainability.
- Assess themselves against the benchmarks of the Standards for Excellence code,
- Arm themselves with concrete ways to strengthen the management, governance, and operations of their organizations.
- Develop a work plan for improvement in the key areas of the Standards for Excellence code.
- Consider earning the Seal of Excellence through the Standards for Excellence accreditation program or the tiered approach for Standards for Excellence recognition
Maryland Nonprofits Members $85
Nonprofit Development Center Participants: $15
Maryland Nonprofits will award two equity scholarships to nonprofit leaders who would otherwise, be unable to attend this class. Equity scholarship recipients agree to attend all sessions offered in the program for which they are applying. One person in an organization may receive a scholarship, with priority given to first-time scholarship recipients. request a scholarship, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “scholarship request.” Only members of Maryland Nonprofits are eligible for scholarships.